This year our six virtues are
Self-Discipline, Generosity, Empathy, Creativity, Humility, and Integrity.
We encourage students to live out many virtues during the school year; these are the specific six that we incorporate into our curriculum and into our service learning projects, as well as communication skills taught and practiced in order to optimize harmonious relationships.
We emphasize virtues everyday in our curriculum and we also take special time once a week for virtue building. Sometimes that means we are on campus cleaning or team building or we go off campus to the Residence Home or Almond Park.
Below are a list of how we used only some of last years virtues:
Acts of Service for the virtue of Selflessness
Each year students participate in acts of service to the community here are a few that we have done in the past or continue to do.
1. Students send Valentines to hospitalized children.
2. Students collect items for Christmas stockings for children in need.
3. Students participate in a Ronald McDonald House Charity by collecting soda tops, which helps house parents whose children have been hospitalized.
4. Students visit Almond Ave. Residence Home to both entertain and play games with the residents.
5. Students wrote letters to stroke patients.
6. Projects are developed and implemented during each six-week virtue session.